Emcure is a leading Indian pharmaceutical companies engaged in developing, manufacturing and globally marketing a broad range of pharmaceutical products across several major therapeutic areas. It is ranked as (i) the 12th largest pharmaceutical company in India and (ii) the largest pharmaceutical company in India in the gynecology, blood related and HIV antivirals therapeutic areas, based on sales in India in the FY2021. It is an R&D driven company with a differentiated product portfolio that includes orals, injectables and biologics, as well as an mRNA platform through which it is currently developing a COVID-19 vaccine.
Emcure’s products are sold across over 70 countries with a strong presence in Europe and Canada. The company has experienced rapid growth in recent years and it is one of the fastest growing pharmaceutical companies in India. Between the FY2019 and the FY2021, its total sales in India grew at a CAGR of 11.28% from INR32,856 million to INR40,686 million, outperforming the Indian pharmaceutical industry’s overall growth in sales in India, which grew at a CAGR of 5.78%.
The company is present in most of the major therapeutic areas, including, gynecology, cardiovascular, vitamins, minerals and nutrients, oncology/anti-neoplastic, HIV and blood-related. Across all such therapeutic areas, it is ranked among the top 10 pharmaceutical companies in India in terms of sales in India in the FY2021.
- Their Company is well-placed to Leverage Leading Position in the Domestic Market Large, Diversified and Fast-Growing Product Portfolio in International Markets;
- Strong R&D Capabilities Driving Differentiated Portfolio of Products Demonstrated Capabilities of Building Brands;
- Extensive and Diversified Manufacturing Capacity;
- De-Risked Business Model with Diversified Income Base;
- Environmental, Social and Governance (“ESG”) Focused Business; and
- Highly Qualified, Experienced and Entrepreneurial Management Team and Board
Emcure Pharmaceuticals IPO – Business Strategy
- Increase Their Market Share in the Domestic Market
- Invest in R&D and Manufacturing Capabilities to Enhance and Grow their Differentiated Product Portfolio
- Deepen and Expand Their International Presence with a Focused Go-to-Market Approach
- Pursue Strategic Acquisitions, Partnerships and In-Licensing
- Satish Mehta
- Sunil Mehta
|Particulars||For the year/period ended ( in Cr.)|
|Profit After Tax||418.59||100.61||202.97|
Objects Of The Issue
- Prepayment / repayment of all or a portion of the outstanding borrowings of the company to be availed on consolidated basis.
- To meet common corporate objectives.
Emcure Pharmaceuticals IPO Peer Comparison
|S. No.||Face Value||Company Name||PE|
|1||10||Abbott India Limited||53.79|
|2||2||Alkem Laboratories Limited||25.28|
|5||5||Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Limited||46.08|
|6||5||Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited||40.43|
Emcure Pharmaceuticals IPO Risk
- The COVID-19 pandemic, also known as a broad public health emergency, might have a negative influence on their company.
- A halt or slowdown in their production or R&D operations might have a negative impact on their business.
- Their failure to correctly predict demand for our offerings and handle inventories might be detrimental to their business.
- Their Company, its Promoters, Subsidiaries, Directors, and Group Companies are all involved in ongoing legal procedures.
- Their failure to implement their business strategy and growth plans successfully might have a negative impact on their company.
- Failure to successfully integrate any of their acquired businesses might cause operational issues and have a negative impact on their business.
- Our business may suffer if they do not preserve and expand the number of arrangements they have for marketing and distribution of their products.
- They are exposed to the risks associated with currency rate changes.
- Their business might suffer if they accidentally infringe on the patents of others.
- Since their R&D and production methods and materials are very combustible and toxic, they are at risk of loss due to fire, mishaps, and other dangers.
- They are subject to counterparty credit risk, and any payment delays might have a negative impact on their operations.
- Some of their corporate documents, such as those pertaining to RoC filings, are untraceable.
- The availability of counterfeit medications, such as drugs passed off as their medicines by others, might harm their reputation.
Emcure Pharmaceuticals IPO – Details
|IPO Opening Date||March 2022|
|IPO Closing Date||March 2022|
|Issue Type||Book Built Issue IPO|
|Face Value||₹10 per equity share|
|IPO Price|| To  Per Equity Share|
|Listing At||BSE, NSE|
|Register||LinkInTime India Private Limited|
|QIB Shares Offered||–|
|Retail Shares Offered||–|
|NII (HNI) Shares Offered||–|
Emcure Pharmaceuticals – Date Schedule
|IPO Open Date||March 2022|
|IPO Close Date||March 2022|
|Basis of Allotment Date||March 2022|
|Initiation of Refunds||March 2022|
|Credit of Shares to Demat Account||March 2022|
|IPO Listing Date||March 2022|
Emcure Pharmaceuticals IPO – Lots Size & Price
|Application||Lots||Shares||Amount ( Cut-Off)|
|Pre Issue Share Holding||48.05%|
|Post Issue Share Holding|
Emcure Pharmaceuticals IPO Prospectus
Company Contact Information
|Emcure Pharmaceuticals Limited|
Emcure House, T-184, M.I.D.C., Bhosari,
Pune – 411 026, Maharashtra, India.
Tel: +(91) 20 35010000/ 40700000
Emcure Pharmaceuticals IPO Registrar
|Link Intime India Private Limited|
C-101, 1st Floor, 247 Park
L.B.S. Marg, Vikhroli West,
Mumbai 400 083
Tel: +91 22 4918 6200
Emcure Pharmaceuticals IPO Lead Manager(s)
|1. Axis Capital Limited|
2. BofA Securities India Limited
3. Credit Suisse Securities (India) Private Limited
4. JM Financial Limited
5. BOB Capital Markets Limited
Emcure Pharmaceuticals IPO FAQs
|When Emcure Pharmaceuticals IPO will open?|
The Emcure Pharmaceuticals IPO dates are March 2022 To March 2022.
|What is the lot size of Emcure Pharmaceuticals IPO?|
Emcure Pharmaceuticals IPO lot size is  and total amount is .
|How to apply for Emcure Pharmaceuticals IPO?|
You can apply in Emcure Pharmaceuticals IPO online using either UPI or ASBA as payment method. ASBA IPO application is available in the net banking of your bank account. UPI IPO application is offered by brokers who don’t offer banking services.
|When is Emcure Pharmaceuticals IPO listing date?|
The Emcure Pharmaceuticals IPO listing date is announced. The date of Emcure Pharmaceuticals IPO listing is .