Mankind Pharma Limited develops, manufactures, and markets pharmaceutical formulations across various acute and chronic therapeutic areas and several consumer healthcare products.
In India, the business is active in a number of acute and chronic therapeutic fields, including anti-infectives, cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, anti-diabetic, neuro/CNS, vitamins/minerals/nutrients, and respiratory.
It has over 36 brands, including Manforce (Rx), Moxikind-CV, Amlokind-AT, Unwanted-Kit, Candiforce, Gudcef, Glimestar-M, Prega News, Dydroboon, Codistar, Nurokind-Gold, Nurokind Plus-RF, Nurokind-LC, Asthakind-DX, Cefakind, Monticope, Telmikind-H, Telmikind, Gudcef-CV, and Unwanted-72, among them.
Mankind Pharma has one of the largest distribution networks of medical representatives in the Indian pharmaceutical market (“IPM”). Over 80% of doctors in India prescribed their formulations and has been ranked number 4th in terms of domestic sales during the Financial Year 2022.
The company has been awarded The Best of Bharat Awards 2022 by exchange4media in the year 2022, Silver Medal from National Awards for Manufacturing Competitiveness Assessment 2021 instituted by International Research Institute for Manufacturing, and Silver Award for Good Health Brand at IHW Awards 2021 in the year 2021, Best Condom Brand of the Year award at Sex Brand Awards Pharma OTC Company of the Year Award at Pharma Excellence Awards 2018, Award for Best Design in Healthcare at Healthcare Leadership Awards 2017, and Amity HR Excellence Award for Performance Management at the 8th Global HR Summit 2011.
As of 31 March 2022, Mankind Pharma operated 23 manufacturing facilities across India and had 2,181 manufacturing personnel. Its formulations manufacturing facilities have a total installed capacity of 40.77 billion units across a wide range of dosage forms including tablets, capsules, syrups, vials, ampoules, blow fill seal, soft and hard gels, eye drops, creams, contraceptives, other over-the-counter products. The company had a team of over 600 scientists and dedicated in-house R&D center at IMT Manesar, Haryana.
Mankind Pharma IPO – Details
|IPO Opening Date||25 April 2023|
|IPO Closing Date||27 April 2023|
|Issue Type||Book Built Issue IPO|
|Issue Size||4,00,58,844 Shares Worth ₹4326.36 Crore|
Offer For Sale: 4,00,58,844 Shares Worth ₹4326.36 Crore
|Face Value||₹1 per equity share|
|IPO Price||₹1026 – ₹1080|
|Market Lot||13 Shares|
|Min Order||13 Shares (1 Lot)|
|Listing At||BSE, NSE|
|Register||KFin Technologies Limited|
|QIB Shares Offered||50%|
|NII (HNI) Shares Offered||15%|
|Retail Shares Offered||35%|
Mankind Pharma IPO – Date Schedule
|IPO Open Date||25 April 2023|
|IPO Close Date||27 April 2023|
|Basis of Allotment Date||03 May 2023|
|Initiation of Refunds||04 May 2023|
|Credit of Shares to Demat Account||08 May 2023|
|IPO Listing Date||09 May 2023|
Mankind Pharma IPO – Lots Size & Price
- scaled domestic focused business with potential for further growth;
- growing faster than the rate of the IPM with a focus on volume-led growth;
- diversified portfolio with market leading rankings across key therapeutic areas;
- established and growing consumer healthcare franchise with brand recall;
- Leveraged our corporate brand to build and scale brands;
- Wide market and distribution coverage with focus on affordability and accessibility;
- Significant and diversified manufacturing and R&D capabilities; and
- Experienced and professional management team backed by private equity investors.
- Ramesh Juneja;
- Rajeev Juneja;
- Sheetal Arora;
- Ramesh Juneja Family Trust;
- Rajeev Juneja Family Trust; and
- Prem Sheetal Family Trust.
|Particulars||Total Revenue||Total Expense||Profit After Tax|
|31 March 2020||5975.65||4549.45||1056.14|
|31 March 2021||6385.38||4705.44||1293.03|
|31 March 2022||7977.58||6017.43||1452.95|
Object Of The Issue
- All of the offer proceeds will be received by the selling shareholders in proportion to the offered shares that each selling shareholder sold as part of the offer; the company will not receive any of the offer proceeds.
Mankind Pharma IPO Peer Comparison
|S. No.||Face Value||Company Name||PE|
|1||1||Sun Pharmaceuticals Industries Limited||65.38|
|3||1||Zydus Lifesciences Limited||8.54|
|4||5||Torrent Pharmaceutical Limited||66.02|
|6||2||JB Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Limited||37.54|
|7||1||Eris Lifesciences Limited||23.43|
Mankind Pharma IPO Strengths
- Scaled domestic focused business with potential for further growth.
- Growing faster than the rate of the IPM with a focus on volume-led growth.
- Diversified portfolio with market leading rankings across key therapeutic areas.
- Established and growing consumer healthcare franchise with brand recall.
Mankind Pharma IPO Risks
- They are governed by numerous government restrictions, all of which are mutable. Their business, financial situation & operational outcomes will suffer if they don’t adhere to the necessary regulations set forth by the governments and relevant regulatory authorities.
- To run their firm, they must acquire, keep up with, or renew the necessary licenses, registrations, and statutory and regulatory permissions.
- Any interruption, slowdown, or stoppage in their manufacturing or R&D processes could have a negative impact on their financial performance.
- Their commercial and operational outcomes may suffer if they are unable to predict customer demand for their items and effectively manage their inventories.
- They operate in a small number of markets, yet these markets account for a sizable amount of their revenue.
Mankind Pharma IPO Promoter Holding
|Pre Issue Share Holding||79.00%|
|Post Issue Share Holding||76.50%|
Mankind Pharma IPO Prospectus
Company Contact Information
|Mankind Pharma Limited|
208, Okhla Industrial Estate
New Delhi 110020
Phone: +91 11 4684 6700
Mankind Pharma IPO Registrar
|KFin Technologies Limited|
Phone: 04067162222, 04079611000
Mankind Pharma IPO Lead Manager(s)
|1. Kotak Mahindra Capital Company Limited|
2. Axis Capital Limited
3. IIFL Securities Ltd
4. Jefferies India Private Limited
5. J.P. Morgan India Private Limited
Mankind Pharma IPO FAQs
|What is Mankind Pharma IPO?|
Mankind Pharma IPO is a main-board IPO. The issue is priced at ₹1026 to ₹1080 per equity share. The IPO is to be listed on BSE & NSE.
|When Mankind Pharma IPO will open?|
The IPO is to open on 25 April 2023 for QIB, NII, and Retail Investors.
|What is Mankind Pharma IPO Investors Portion?|
The investors’ portion for QIB – 50%, NII – 15%, and Retail – 35%.
|How to Apply the Mankind Pharma IPO?|
You can apply Mankind Pharma IPO via ASBA online via your bank account. You can also apply for ASBA online via UPI through your stock brokers. You can also apply via your stock brokers by filling up the offline form.
|How to Apply the Mankind Pharma IPO through Angle One?|
Log in to Angle One Application with your credentials. Select the IPO. You will see the IPO Name “Mankind Pharma”. Click on Bid Button. Confirm your Application. Now go to your UPI App on Net Banking or BHIM App to Approve the mandate. Open Demat Account with Angle One.
|How to Apply the Mankind Pharma IPO through 5 Paisa?|
Log in to 5 Paisa Application with your credentials. Select the IPO. You will see the IPO Name “Mankind Pharma”. Click on Bid Button. Confirm your Application. Now go to your UPI App on Net Banking or BHIM App to Approve the mandate. Open Demat Account with 5 Paisa.
|How to Apply the Mankind Pharma IPO through Upstox?|
Log in to Upstox Application with your credentials. Select the IPO. You will see the IPO Name “Mankind Pharma”. Click on Bid Button. Confirm your Application. Now go to your UPI App on Net Banking or BHIM App to Approve the mandate. Open Demat Account with Upstox.
|How to Apply the Mankind Pharma IPO through IIFL?|
Log in to IIFL Application with your credentials. Select the IPO. You will see the IPO Name “Mankind Pharma”. Click on Bid Button. Confirm your Application. Now go to your UPI App on Net Banking or BHIM App to Approve the mandate. Open Demat Account with IIFL.
|What is Mankind Pharma IPO Size?|
Mankind Pharma IPO size is ₹4326.36 Cr.
|What is Mankind Pharma IPO Price Band?|
Mankind Pharma IPO Price Band is ₹1026 to ₹1080.
|What is Mankind Pharma IPO Minimum and Maximum Lot Size?|
The minimum bid is 13 Shares with ₹14,040 amount while the maximum bid is 182 shares with ₹1,96,560.
|What is the Mankind Pharma IPO Allotment Date?|
Mankind Pharma IPO allotment date is 03 May 2023.
|What is the Mankind Pharma IPO Listing Date?|
Mankind Pharma IPO listing date is 09 May 2023. The IPO is to list on BSE and NSE.