Tarsons is a leading Indian life sciences company engaged in the designing, development, manufacturing and marketing of ‘consumables’, ‘reusables’ and ‘others’ including benchtop equipment, used in various laboratories across research organizations, academia institutes, pharmaceutical companies, Contract Research Organizations (“CROs”), Diagnostic companies and hospitals.
The company manufactures a range of quality labware products which helps advance scientific discovery and improve healthcare. As of 31 March 2021, it had a diversified product portfolio with over 1,700 SKUs across 300 products. Its product portfolio is classified into three key categories which includes consumables, reusables, and others. ‘Consumables’ category includes products such as centrifuge ware, cryogenic ware, liquid handling, PCR consumables and petri dish, transfer pipettes and others. ‘Reusables’ category includes products such as bottles, carboys, beakers, measuring cylinders and tube racks. ‘Others’ category includes benchtop instrumentation such as vortex shakers, centrifuges pipettors and others.
Its end customers across sectors includes research organizations, academic institutions, pharmaceutical companies, CROs, diagnostic companies, and hospitals. Some of its customers are Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, National Centre for Biological Sciences across academic institutes and research organizations; Dr Reddy’s Laboratories, Enzene Biosciences across pharmaceutical sectors; Syngene International, Veeda Clinical Research across CROs; and Molbio Diagnostics, Agappe Diagnostic, Metropolis Healthcare, Dr. Lal Path Labs, Mylab Life Solutions across other sectors such as diagnostics. The company has long-standing relationships with end customers as well as distributors.
Tarsons currently operates through its five manufacturing facilities located in West Bengal. These facilities are vertically integrated and equipped with automated support systems in order to maintain quality, increase productivity, and reduce costs.
Tarsons Products Clients
We serve a wide spectrum of end clients from a variety of industries, including research organisations, academic institutions, pharmaceutical firms, contract research organisations (CROs), diagnostic businesses, and hospitals.
- Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, National Centre for Biological Sciences across academic institutes and research organizations.
- Dr Reddy’s Laboratories, Enzene Biosciences across pharmaceutical sectors.
- Syngene International, Veeda Clinical Research across CROs.
- Molbio Diagnostics, Agappe Diagnostic, Metropolis Healthcare, Dr. Lal Path Labs, Mylab Life Solutions across other sectors including diagnostics.
- Leading Indian supplier to life sciences sector with strong brand recognition and high-quality products
- Their diverse range of labware products across varied customer segments;
- Operating in an industry that has a large addressable market with long-standing relationships with key end customers;
- Well-equipped and automated manufacturing facilities;
- Wide geographic reach through their strong sales and distribution network;
- Experienced Promoter backed by a strong management team
- Sanjive Sehgal
- Rohan Sehgal
|Particulars||For the year/period ended ( in Cr.)|
|Profit After Tax||68.87||40.53||38.96|
Objects Of The Issue
- Prepayment / repayment of all or a portion of the outstanding borrowings of the company to be availed on consolidated basis.
- To meet common corporate objectives.
- Funding a part of the capital expenditure for the new manufacturing facility at Panchla, West Bengal (the “Proposed Expansion”);
Tarsons Products IPO Risk
- Any disruption, stoppage, or reduction in the availability of raw materials used to make their goods might have a negative impact on their company.
- One of their production sites is located on property for which the company has not acquired all of the necessary permits, and as a result, it may face regulatory action and litigation.
- Their projected capacity expansion plans for their manufacturing units involve the risk of unforeseen implementation delays and cost overruns.
- They might not be able to effectively safeguard or exploit their intellectual property in the future.
- A substantial loss of clients or a drop in orders from a considerable number of customers might result in a fall in their net revenues.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has the potential to have a significant and negative impact on their business.
- Many countries have joined the campaign to prohibit plastic items, including India. It might have a significant and negative impact on their business.
- Failure to satisfy their commitments, such as financial and other covenants under their debt financing agreements, might have a negative impact on their business.
- Exchange rate changes may have an impact on their financial performance.
- They have engaged in linked party transactions in the past and may do so again in the future.
- The selling promoters will receive the funds from the Offer for Sale portion of the Offer immediately.
Tarsons Products IPO – Details
|IPO Opening Date||15 November 2021|
|IPO Closing Date||17 November 2021|
|Issue Type||Book Built Issue IPO|
|Issue Size||1023 Crore|
|Face Value||₹2 per equity share|
|IPO Price|| To  Per Equity Share|
|Market Lot||22 Shares ( 1 Lot)|
|Min Order Quantity||22 Shares|
|Listing At||BSE, NSE|
|Register||KFintech Private Limited|
Tarsons Products IPO – Date Schedule
|IPO Open Date||15 November 2021|
|IPO Close Date||17 November 2021|
|Basis of Allotment Date||23 November 2021|
|Initiation of Refunds||24 November 2021|
|Credit of Shares to Demat Account||25 November 2021|
|IPO Listing Date||26 November 2021|
Tarsons Products IPO – Lots Size & Price
|Application||Lots||Shares||Amount ( Cut-Off)|
|Pre Issue Share Holding||50.75%|
|Post Issue Share Holding|
Tarsons Products IPO Prospectus
Company Contact Information
|Tarsons Products Limited|
Martin Burn Buisness Park, Room No. 902 BP- 3, Salt Lake,
Sector- V, Kolkata 700091, West Bengal, India
Telephone: +91 33 3522 0300
Tarsons Products IPO Registrar
|KFin Technologies Private Limited|
Plot 31 & 32, Financial District,
Hyderabad, Telangana 500032, India
Tel: (91 40) 6716 2222, 1800 309 4001
Tarsons Products IPO Lead Manager(s)
|1. ICICI Securities Limited|
2. Edelweiss Financial Services Limited
3. SBI Capital Markets Limited
Tarsons Products IPO FAQs
|When Tarsons Products IPO will open?|
The Tarsons Products IPO dates are 15 November 2021 To 17 November 2021.
|What is the lot size of Tarsons Products IPO?|
Tarsons Products IPO lot size and the minimum order quantity is [22 Shares].
|How to apply for Tarsons Products IPO?|
You can apply in Tarsons Products IPO online using either UPI or ASBA as payment method. ASBA IPO application is available in the net banking of your bank account. UPI IPO application is offered by brokers who don’t offer banking services.
|When is Tarsons Products IPO listing date?|
The Tarsons Products IPO listing date is announced. The date of Tarsons Products IPO listing is [26 November 2021].