Policybazaar, their flagship platform, in 2008 to respond to Consumers’ need for more awareness, choice, and transparency and create a consumer-pull-based, provider-neutral model for insurance distribution.
In 2014, they launched Paisabazaar with the goal to transform how Indians access personal credit by accentuating ease, convenience, and transparency in selecting a variety of personal loans and credit cards.
According to Frost & Sullivan, in Fiscal 2020, Policybazaar was India’s largest digital insurance marketplace with a 93.4% market share based on the number of policies sold. Furthermore, in Fiscal 2020, 65.3% of all digital insurance sales in India by volume was transacted through Policybazaar.
Their Policybazaar and Paisabazaar platform offerings address the large and highly underpenetrated online insurance and lending markets. They have an asset-light capital strategy and do not underwrite any insurance or retain any credit risk on their books. Policybazaar is registered with and regulated by IRDAI as a direct (life and general) insurance broker.
They have built India’s largest online platform for insurance and lending products leveraging the power of technology, data, and innovation, according to Frost & Sullivan.
They provide convenient access to insurance, credit, and other financial products and aim to create awareness amongst Indian households about the financial impact of death, disease, and damage. Through their consumer-centric approach, they seek to enable online research-based purchases of insurance and lending products and increase transparency, which enables consumers to make informed choices.
- The company has created strong, consumer-friendly brands offering wide choice, transparency and convenience.
- The company’s proprietary technology stack helps it design user-friendly consumer journeys across all of processes by automating various aspects across the product value chain.
- It is a collaborative partner for insurer and lending partners.
- Policybazaar and Paisabazaar platforms have large, efficient and intelligent networks, providing consumers with the ability to browse financial services products offered by 51 insurer partners and 54 lending partners.
- Its high renewal rates are providing clear visibility into future business and delivering superior economics.
- Policybazaar and Paisabazaar platforms serve consumers with varied needs, credit profiles, demographics, employment types and income levels. Micro-segmentation has helped grow the product offerings on platforms, streamline transaction processes, deepen partnerships with insurer and lending partners, and offer tailor-made financial services solutions for varied segments.
- It has capital efficient model with low operating costs.
- Its founders have a deep understanding of consumers’ pain points and the structural problems in the insurance and financial services industry. They each have almost two decades of experience and commitment to solve those problems, along with a deep understanding of consumer insights and technology.
The details of the promoters would be shortly updated.
The Promoters of this company are:
- PROFESSIONALLY MANAGED
|Particulars||For the year/period ended (₹ in millions)|
|31 Mar 21||31 Mar 20||31 Mar 19|
|Profit After Tax||(1,502.42)||(3,040.29)||(3,468.11)|
Objects Of The Issue:
- Enhancing visibility and awareness of their brands, including but not limited to “Policybazaar” and “Paisabazaar”;
- New opportunities to expand their Consumer base including their offline presence;
- Strategic investments and acquisitions;
- Expanding their presence outside India; and
- General corporate purposes.
Policy Bazaar IPO – Tentative Details
|IPO Opening Date||19 October 2021|
|IPO Closing Date||21 October 2021|
|Issue Type||Book Built Issue IPO|
|Issue Size||Rs 6,017.5 Crore|
|Face Value||₹2 per equity share|
|IPO Price|| Per Equity Share|
|Market Lot||15 Shares|
|Min Order Quantity||15 Shares|
|Listing At||BSE, NSE|
|Total Share Issue||–|
|Register||LinkInTime India Private Ltd|
Policy Bazaar IPO – Tentative Timetable
|IPO Open Date||19 October 2021|
|IPO Close Date||21 October 2021|
|Basis of Allotment Date||–|
|Initiation of Refunds||–|
|Credit of Shares to Demat Account||–|
|IPO Listing Date||–|
Policy Bazaar IPO – Tentative Lots Size & Price
|Application||Lots||Shares||Amount ( Cut-Off)|
Company Contact Information
|Policybazaar Insurance Brokers Private Limited|
Plot No.119, Sector – 44,
Gurgaon, Haryana – 122001
Policy Bazaar IPO Registrar
|Link Intime India Private Ltd|
Phone: +91-22-4918 6270
Policy Bazaar IPO Lead Manager(s)
|1. Kotak Mahindra Capital Company Limited|
2. Morgan Stanley India Company Private Limited
3. Citigroup Global Markets India Private Limited
4. ICICI Securities Limited, HDFC Bank Limited
5. IIFL Securities Limited
6. Jefferies India Private Limited
Policy Bazaar IPO FAQs
|When Policy Bazaar IPO will open?|
The Policy Bazaar IPO Tentative dates are 19 October 2021 To 21 October 2021.
|What is the lot size of Policy Bazaar IPO?|
Policy Bazaar IPO lot size and the minimum order quantity is .
|How to apply for Policy Bazaar IPO?|
You can apply in Policy Bazaar IPO online using either UPI or ASBA as payment method. ASBA IPO application is available in the net banking of your bank account. UPI IPO application is offered by brokers who don’t offer banking services.
|When is Policy Bazaar IPO listing date?|
The Policy Bazaar IPO listing date is not announced. The date of Policy Bazaar IPO listing is .